Sister Diane posted this neat project that reuses those metal cups that come on tea light candles. She made them into cute collars for Christmas mini-lights by cutting and embellishing them.
This is timely because I just noticed that you can get a bag of 100 tea lights at JoAnn fabrics for about $5, which works out to about a nickel apiece. I knew there must be some cool projects out there using tea lights, but I didn’t even think about the possibility of getting double-use out of them!
- String of mini lights, on hand
- Metal cups from used-up tea lights, free (or .05 each for initial purchase)
- Permanent marker, on hand
- Junky scissors, on hand
- Paper hole punch, on hand
- Glue (like E6000) on hand, or similar from dollar store, $1
- Sequins, rhinestones, other shiny things, $1-5
Total cost: From $2 and up
Bonus related project: Punched “Tin” Light Shields from Gingerbread Snowflakes