Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Decor, From Our Readers, Headline, Kids

Make a Laundry Monster

14 August 2009 4,562 views 9 Comments

Reader Jessica H. from mad in crafts made a space/alien-themed room for her child, and came up with this great idea for a custom laundry bag using a laundry bag she got at the dollar store! She modified the laundry bag by threading a wire hanger through the drawstring casing part of the bag, and then stitched on some alien-ish features and pipecleaner antennae. Fun idea! [click here for Jessica's tutorial]

• Mesh laundry bag, $1
  • Scrap felt, on hand
  • Wire hanger, on hand

Total: $1

• songbirdtiff said:

How cute is that?! I wonder if my husband would actually put his laundry IN the basket if I made him one of these, lol!

• Amy said:

I think this is so cute! What a great way to help the kids “enjoy” putting the laundry in! :)

• Corinne said:

That is so awesome!! And for a $1!

• Chica and Jo said:

How adorable! Thanks for sharing.

• Monsters, Monsters, Everywhere | Make and Takes said:

[...] Laundry Hamper Monster by Dollar Store Crafts [...]

• Jessica H. said:

This was one of my favorite projects this year. I just started up my blog, and pretty soon I will have a series on all the craft decor I did for my son’s space themed room. Check it out!

madincrafts.blogspot.com

• UncleEnvelope said:

I love your suggestion. I actually have a site for crafty kids, we send out paper crafts in the mail once a month. I’m all about the do-it-yourself projects :)

• Promo Bag Collector said:

I love this! I just discovered laundry bags with straps and that amazed me.

Now this just blows my mind!

• Monster Birthday Party Ideas | Make and Takes said:

[...] Toss – Using this great tutorial for a Monster Hamper, have the kids toss in bean bags or small stuffed toy monsters to make a [...]