Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Headline, Kids, Wearable Crafts

Scarf to Baby Legs!

29 September 2009 5,869 views 11 Comments

by Care

dollar legs
Alas, it's true -- cold weather is well on its way!  I love dressing my baby girl in dresses, but it's starting to get too chilly to run around with nakey little legs.  The ever popular Baby Legs are one solution to this problem -- but they can be so expensive!  Today I will show you the ONE DOLLAR solution!  [go to tutorial]

• Scarf, $1

Total:  $1!

Caroline Sanchez (Care) has been sewing since her mom taught her the basics at around six years old.  She has always been driven to CREATE, even from a very young age.  She is mommy to two little boys and one baby girl, and almost every spare moment she has is spent in her sewing room or working on her blog, Obsessively Stitching.

• Kathy V. said:

Really cute leg warmers…and so hip!

• erin@designcrisis said:

Are these too girly for my baby boy? Because I am in love! Of course, I would try a color other than pink…

• Care (author) said:

There are some really cute navy blue and green scarves! I actually made some, and my three-year-old put them on voluntarily. He calls them his “grinch pants.”

Daddy doesn’t fully approve, though…….. :)

• heather said:

I bet my 3yo son would love them… Not that he has diapers to change anymore!

• girlrobot said:

what a fun blog! Just discovered you through the CRAFT blog. :)

• Valerie said:

Um……I want the blanket….Did you make it? It’s divine!

• Care (author) said:

I did make the quilt, Valerie! One of my favorites ever, to be sure!

• yvette said:

I used a pair of my own fuzzy socks, just cut off the feet and used the sock as baby leggings! if you find fuzzy socks at the dollar store, all the better.

• heather said:

Here’s a link to Lindsay & Brandon’s version of this project (for a boy!) – so cute! http://bloveslinds.blogspot.com/2009/10/baby-legs.html

• Dollar Store Crafts » Blog Archive » Make 10-Minute Tube Socks from a Scarf said:

[...] Take ten minutes out of your day and make a pair! While you’re at it, make some matching baby legs or a scarf snake! Thanks to Heather for posting about these on the Dollar Store Crafts Facebook [...]

• Gi at Pashmina Shawl said: