Home » cheap crafts, Decor, Headline, Holiday Crafts, Kids

Flower Theme Party Decor!

9 March 2010 16,211 views 6 Comments

by Care

As I was wandering around my local dollar store last week, I didn't have any particular project in mind; I was just looking to be inspired.  Well, inspiration struck when I saw the pool noodles and the craft foam!

I spent a total of $6 and came up with plenty of bright and colorful decor for my daughter's upcoming 1st birthday party!

I had so many ideas!  Come see what I came up with!  [go to tutorial]

• pool noodles, $1 each
  • craft foam flowers, $1/package
  • craft foam rectangles, $1/package
  • wrapping paper (optional), $1
  • straws, on hand
  • acrylic paint, on hand or $1
  • yarn or thread, on hand

Total:  about $6!

• heather said:

You did such a great job! The decorations look so bright & colorful! Perfect for a first birthday (or any party, really!) I def. want to get some of those pool noodles.

• Sandra said:

Oh, love it! My sister is looking for ideas for her daughter’s upcoming 3rd birthday party and these would be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

• Sophia said:

You have some of the coolest ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Melsie said:

Okay, I LOVE dollar stores…they have tons of stuff that can be used in crafts. I love your ideas…nice work.

Got me in the mood now…off I head to my Everything’s A Dollar…LOL.

Melanie at themeaparty.com

• Lize said:

What wonderful ideas and all so inexpensive. I didn’t know you could be so creative with such everyday items.

• pam said:

Great ideas – all! I especially liked the garlands. You just amaze me the things you come up with at the Dollar Store. One of these days, I will walk out with an idea that will make you proud!