Make a Peeps-Inspired Frame
A frame adorned with Peeps shapes make a sweet gift for Easter and beyond. These are a lightweight treat to slip inside an Easter greeting card destined for Grandma's house.
I used a cookie cutter from a Peeps play dough kit I found at the dollar store to make the template for the Peeps bunny. The kit came with two different sizes of bunnies (a cookie cutter & a plastic container), and some plastic stamps. The play dough was dried out, just FYI if you wanted to use it for its original purpose! I used frames found in the wedding section - they were 6 for $1.
- Peeps play dough kit, $1 (or get template from Chica & Jo)
- Wedding favor frames, $1 (or cut a frame out of recycled cardboard)
- Craft foam, on hand or $1
- Sparkly craft foam (optional), $1
- Craft glue, on hand
Total: $2 and up
To make the bunnies: trace the bunny containers on the craft foam. Cut out. Draw eyes and nose on the bunny with a permanent marker.
Another option for cutting out the Peeps shape is to make an impression in the craft foam with the cookie cutter.
Cut out a rectangle of craft foam the same size as your frame.
To cut out the hole in the frame, I turned the frame over with the foam on top of it, and kind of traced the hole with my fingernail onto the foam. Then I cut out the area I traced.
Glue the foam frame onto the top of the frame. Then glue your bunny on.
Add a photo, and you're done!
Here's another version with two Peeps.
Check out my Funny Bunny frame tutorial today at Make & Takes.
For more Peeps fun:
- Peeps Bunny Bunting by Dana
- Peeps Crafts & Recipes Roundup at CROQzine
- Homemade Peeps Challenge at Foodwhirl
- Peeps Theme of the Week at KatherineMarie Photography