Time for more brainstorming!
My daughter wants a Kentucky Derby themed party for her 12th birthday (on May 1, same day as the KY Derby this year). Any ideas for inexpensive decorations, favors, etc?
Here are my ideas:
1. Have a “derby hat” making activity, using these instructions from Family Fun (there are also instructions on the same page for making pretty fans, which would be a good derby activity).
- Wrapping paper
- Colored tape
- Tissue paper (for flowers)
- Any other fun adornments like faux jewels, flowers, etc. (Look in the dress-up aisle of the dollar store)
2. Make horsie award ribbons (blue, of course!) using this technique for making medallions with coasters & crepe paper. Just add long streamers to the bottom of the medallions.
3. Get party supplies at Oriental Trading Company. I found a lot of cute things when I did a search for “horse,” like the horsie balloon bouquet shown at the top of the post.
Now it’s your turn, readers, please weigh in with your ideas!