Home » $5 and Under, Decor, From Our Readers, Headline, Weddings

Make a Ruffly Wreath with Paper Sacks

17 March 2010 39,164 views 7 Comments

Wreaths are a favorite project of dollar store crafters, and no wonder; they're cheap, relatively simple to make, and very gratifying! Check out this pretty ruffly wreath made from the humblest of material: the brown paper lunch sack! Taylor from MaryJanes and Galoshes made it for less than five bucks--isn't it pretty? She thinks it would be great for a wedding, and I agree, but I think a lot of us could find room in our regular decor for such a wreath. [how to make a ruffly paper sack wreath]

• Wreath form, $1
  • 6-8 brown paper lunch sacks, $1
  • 2.5" Scallop circle punch, on hand (or buy with 40% off coupon)
  • Glue gun, on hand
  • Scrap paper for butterflies, on hand

Total: $2 and up

• Sophia said:

Lovely! And I even have all the materials on hand! :)

• songbirdtiff said:

Oh.my.goodness. I love this and WILL be using this idea to make my own. Brilliant!

• breanna said:

I have all that stuff!! I’m going to make this right now!!! good…I was craving a fast and gratifying project today!

• kristin said:

Those are the most beautiful brown paper bags I have ever seen! Great project.

• living with lindsay said:

I am TOTALLY making this for my soon-to-be daughter’s nursery. It’s fabulous!

• breanna said:

I did it! it turned out awesome!! I did fabric flowers from some scraps I had instead of the butterflies. I can hardly believe I made something so cute! thanks for the great tute!!!

• wreath-tastic | painted posies said:

[...] dollarstorecrafts.com [...]