How to Decorate for Pink Mother/Daughter Tea?
Here's another question for everyone to brainstorm about!
I'm doing a Mother/Daughter tea for my work and am short on money. I was wondering if you had any idea on how to decorate. So far, I have white tablecloths (I wanted pink overlays, but apparently they don't exist) and white and pink carnations (donated). I was thinking more pink than anything. Any thoughts? It's next month and I realized I don't have all this figured out yet!
Thank you so much!
Thanks for your email, Heather! Here are my ideas:
Burlap: this is a pretty hot decorator item right now, and the best part about it is that it's super inexpensive! Ways to use it:
- Get a few yards of burlap and cut it into narrow table runners to go down the center of the tablecloths
- Use it to make pretty paper towel flowers (with a general pink color scheme)
- Get some smallish white frames at the dollar store, frame some burlap and a pink flower
- You can also spray paint the burlap pink and use it any way you want
Speaking of Spray Paint: This is a quick and cheap way to makeover anything, including dollar store or thrift store knick knacks for table decorations.
Ask Around: If you know a few people who are coming, you could ask them to lend you their tea sets. Pretty tea sets are great table decorations in themselves!
At the Dollar Store:
- Paper doilies
- Pink rose petals (in the wedding section)
- Pink ribbon
- Faux flowers
Okay, that should get you started. Readers, please chime in with your good ideas!Full disclosure policy.