Continued from page 4
Here’s a little more inspiration for you to get your creative juices flowing when it comes to using appliques to make hand-me-downs work. (Note: All of the materials in these projects were either hand-me-downs or bought at a thrift store for less than a dollar prior to the Stash Bust Challenge. None of the items were bought new.)
- I copied the flower design from the shirt as appliques onto the capris. Pattern for appliques and tutorial for making these capris from a T-shirt coming soon on my blog.
- Here I made dinosaur appliques out of a too-small shirt and added them to a shirt and knee patches to make a complete outfit from jeans with holes in the knees and a thrift store red shirt. Tutorial and giveaway of duplicate applique and patches coming soon on my blog.
- I used extra fabric from resizing this thrift store skirt to make the poodle applique for the shirt and then handstitched the leash.
- Here I recycled old jeans to make the skirt and used denim scraps in the cupcake applique as well as used the same green scraps from the Very Hungry Caterpillar applique to help them match.
- This black skirt was made from the same “pattern” as the denim skirt and I used scraps for the petals in the flower applique.