Weekend Roundup: Stashbusting from Week 4
24 April 2010 3,322 views 6 Comments
Recycled Materials (See our Recycling Challenge Roundup):
- Crafts by Amanda's Paper Roll Giraffe is so cute!
- Crafty Smurfette made a Candy Bunting out of TP rolls and colored tissue!
- Make Paper Chains with Julie Finn at Crafting a Green World
- Make Recycled Books out of Trash with Becky Striepe at Crafting a Green World
- Kaotic Krafter wrote her first tutorial for these Stitched Books
- This amazing dart board cabinet was made with scraps from a redwood deck project, and cross sections of branches from the yard. Ahhh-mazing project by The Artists' House
- Another amazing project by The Artists' House is a cool chess set. These pieces were made from leftover dowels glued with wood glue. I love them!
- Whitney Moss is sewing cute clothes from hand-me-downs
- Some Art Talk made a roomy Farmer's Market Tote and cracked me up with this statement: Please remember I am stash busting, at one point in my sewing life I was certain that I would love primitive quilting and only wanted to work in browns. I have a lot of brown fabric.
- Use up a lot of fabric with this fun Super Stashbuster Skirt at Some Art Talk
Use up your thrifted leather garments with these tutorials:
- Leather Mushroom Tutorial by Absinthe and Orange (wow!)
- DIY Leather Baby Shoes by Prudent Baby
- Leather iPhone Case by Cathe at Just Something I Made
- Leather + Rub-ons = Cuff. Cuteness by Carmi's Art/Life World
- Bust your potatoes! Caitlin Mociun's potato-printed dress is sweet! [via Outsapop... love that blog!]
- I like this Airmail Shirt Recon by Outsapop, too! Lookie this inspiration outfit! I think it's so cute. You can use my postmark stencils to make one of your own!
- DIY Duct Tape Dressforms have been around awhile, but here's a convenient tutorial by Natasha at Samster Mommy
- Love Maegen shows you how to make a fringed necklace made out of a recycled t-shirt