Home » $10 and Beyond, Headline, Party Crafts

Make a Bandanna Tablecloth

21 May 2010 12,058 views 6 Comments

Bandannas have been showing up at my dollar store lately, in two-packs, but they've always been cheap even when they weren't available at the dollar store. You can usually find them for a dollar per bandanna at your local big-box retailer, and the blue store carries traditional bandannas as well as some in fashion prints and colors. Anneliese at Aesthetic Nest has a great bandanna tablecloth tutorial (and a great cheap source for bandannas, too). She made a really cute tablecloth for a party - I'm sure her tablecloth will get lots of use for many summer activities to come! [click here for the bandanna tablecloth tutorial]

• 15 bandannas, buy 8 2-packs, $8
  • Sewing stuff, on hand

Total: $8

• pam said:

Wow! Look how far the simple bandanna has traveled! Great idea. And matching napkins would be fun too! Great idea for picnics too!

• Tauni said:

I saw these bandanna tablecloths all over last summer and I L.O.V.E. them! I think I will have to go check out the local dollar store.

• Samantha said:

This would work well to make some cute, colorful curtains in a kids’ or teen’s room!

• Bromeliad said:

Great summer tablecloth.

• Tagloff said:

Neat, but my mind keeps jumping to ‘aren’t tableclothes the same size as quilts?’

• Frugal DIY – Summer Bandana Table Cloth! said:

[...] frugal DIY is to make your own summer tablecloth out of Bandanas! Head on over here to learn [...]