Home » $5 and Under, Decor, From Our Readers, Headline, High Concept

Make a Beaded Williamsburg Chandelier

20 May 2010 34,974 views 6 Comments

Take dollar store Mardi Gras beads and add a cheesy brass Williamsburg chandelier light fixture plus a little spray paint, and what do you get? Laura from Style-For-Style's dramatic beaded chandelier. She was kind enough to share her amazing makeover when she saw the beaded chandelier I posted the other day. I think hers looks easier and better - win win! Check thrift stores, garage sales, or Craigslist for the chandelier (or maybe you already have one in your garage). Her advice is to skip the wire (that I used) and just go with hot glue. [click here for the beaded chandelier instructions]

Laura also made this super-dramatic chandelier with the plastic beads. [click here for this chandelier]

• Chandelier, on hand or $10 and up
  • 2 packs of plastic Mardi Gras beads, $2
  • Hot glue gun and sticks, on hand
  • Spray paint, $1 and up

Total: $3 and up

Other resources:

• Samantha said:

Those are both awesome. (As was yours.)

• Teacher Teacher said:

This idea of beaded chandeliers is impressive. You crafty women make me wish I had just one-tenth of your crafty ideas. But at least I can ride along on your coat tails and use all your terrific inspirations to dress up my space!

• Elle Sees said:

WOW! I’m always stunned by the amt of creativity on here!

• dragonlady1353 said:

Wow, those are awesome. I’ve made some pretty amazing pieces as well. I just love the dollar store for supplies.You just can’t beat it.

• Daria said:

I LOVE this!! Found the exact chandelier in Style For Style’s photo (ugly gold-tone) at Goodwill for $3!!!!!!! Can’t wait to get started on this!!

• Theresa said:

What an interesting idea. was looking for something that m;y daughter & i could do for her room…this is it. Thank you – on our way to the dollar store.