Home » $1 and Free, Headline, supplies

Brilliant Storage for Card Games

27 August 2011 4,316 views 8 Comments

soap box card storage

One of the most frustrating least pleasing things about being a parent of small boys is the fact that anything that can be destroyed, will be. Cardboard containers are the first to go. I love this smart organization tip from Shady Tree Diary: use plastic soap travel containers to corral small things like playing cards and crayons. Such a brilliant, but useful tip -- soap containers are so much more sturdy than cardboard sleeves. See what else Deanna puts in these little containers over at her site: [how to use soap box organizers] [pin]

• Plastic soap container, $1
  • Card game, on hand

Total: $1

• Countess Laurie said:

Oh. my. heck!! So simple, yet so brilliant! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Gina said:

BRILLIANT!!! Going to organize our game closet and buy some soap containers!

• Michelle L. said:

I am thrilled by this idea!!! I can use it a million ways – why are so many of my craft supplies soap-shaped? Thanks for spotting this, Heather!

• Brooke said:

I love this! There are often cards all over the place in the game closet after the kids have been in it.

• GMT said:

I’ve been using plastic boxes to corral card games for a few years. I don’t use soap containers, but instead the plastic school ‘pencil boxes’, which are very easily found right now since it’s back to school time. They are cheap and come in a variety of colors. I can fit two piles of (eg: Uno) cards side by side and snap it closed when we are done! Sometimes, I cut apart the original cardboard box from the card game and tape it to the top of the plastic pencil box for easy identification! Keeps kids organized so far!!

• Laura said:

duh!… so painfully obvious! I feel stupid. Next time I’m at the Dollar Tree guess what I’ll be picking up. Thanks for posting this.

• JDaniel4's Mom said:

This really is a great way to keep the cards all together.

• Making Life a Little Prettier | Moments In the Middle said: