Home » $5 and Under, From Our Readers, Headline, Holiday Crafts

Make a Pallet Christmas Tree

13 December 2011 3,945 views 6 Comments

by rhonda

If you follow Cris from Crissy's Crafts, you know that she's a total diva when it comes to recycling.  Nothing goes to waste when that girl is around!  So, as you can imagine, when she got her hands on a wooden pallet, she turned it into something fabulous.  I love pallet crafts because of that humble-to-holy-cow effect they have!  Her pallet Christmas tree is adorned with pretty drawer pulls, which can be used to hang ornaments or could themselves represent ornaments.  All from a plain ol' shipping pallet!  [how to make a pallet Christmas tree]

• Pallet, free
  • Paint, on hand or $1 and up
  • Stencils, on hand or $1 and up
  • Drawer pulls, $1 and up
  • Wooden ornaments, $1 and up

Total:  $2 and up

• mikeasaurus said:

I love this idea! I boggle with ideas for pallets all the time, I never thought about a festive use.

• ticklish moose said:

Just a quick FYI- always ask before you take a pallet!! My husband is a business owner that uses pallets and they ARE NOT free! They are reused and there are services that take them, PAY for them, and refurbish pallets you may think are junk.

If you are lucky enough to get a free pallet- kudos! This is a really cute idea for reuse :D

• Crissy's Crafts said:

you are right! They are not free! My friend owns a furniture store and she gave me this one. But once in a while I do see some pallets laying around during Bulk pick up days.

• Roxanne Rowley said:

This looks like something Richard would do–pretty neat!!

• rhonda (author) said:

I’m certainly not suggesting that anyone just swipe them! But I do see them tossed out on occasion. Also, there is a local company that buys them back to recycle around here, but they don’t pay a whole lot for them. I’ve found that if you offer more than the recycling company, they’ll be more than happy to sell you a few, and it’s still a nominal cost compared to buying new lumber!

• ticklish moose said:

Well, it is super-cute…..I may have to swipe one of the pallets from outside my husband’s business after all ;-)