Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Decor, Headline, Kids

Make Easy Cherry Blossom Art

8 March 2012 29,935 views 11 Comments

by rhonda

Did you know that this year is the 100th anniversary of Washington, DC's National Cherry Blossom Festival?  I've always been fascinated with the lush, pink blooms that cover Japanese cherry trees every spring.  Even if Washington is too far away to enjoy the festivities, you can still celebrate at home by making your own cherry blossom art!  Rachel from AlphaMom figured out that she could use an empty soda bottle as a flower stamp, quickly and easily creating her own sakura blossom picture in just minutes.  It's pretty enough to frame and hang on the wall, but simple enough for children to master!  [how to make easy cherry blossom art]

• Poster board, on hand or $0.50
  • Paint, on hand or $1 and up
  • Empty soda bottle, on hand

Total:  Free and up

• mikeasaurus said:

I love how ridiculously simple it is, once you see how it’s done.

• Sherry said:

Holy Cow!

• Kesha said:

This is so freakin awesome!!! Totally doing this one!;)

• Barbara said:

Love, love, love it.

• Barbara said:

I wonder if you could use the smaller bottles to make it? I need to look at them now.

• ColleenwithMurals&More said:

are you kidding me? I could’ve just used a soda bottle instead of handpainting petal after petal after petal on a cherry blossom tree?!? I gotta try this!

• Erin @ The Great Indoors said:

So easy! Thanks for sharing!

• Annie B. said:

WOW! Great idea!

• Deb said:

Just hopped over from Mural Maker and More. So glad I found Mural Maker and you! I see lots of things I have to start working on. WOW

• Friday Favourites ? :: LOVEly DIYs | said:

[...] 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. This entry was posted in Days of The Week and tagged art, breakfast, cherry blossom, diy, do it yourself, eggs, flowers, gem, headband, heart, love, patch. Bookmark the permalink. ← Spotlight :: Gotta catch ‘em all! [...]

• Cherry Blossom Crafts - Just Paint It Blog said:

[…] clever is this? I spotted it on DollarStoreCrafts and then clicked over to Alphamom to make sure it was easy as it looks. It sure looks like dipdot, […]