Home » $1 and Free, Accessories, cheap crafts, Headline, Wearable Crafts

Make an Anthro-Inspired Party Animal Necklace

11 April 2012 4,787 views 9 Comments

by rhonda

I've loved Anthropologie for a long time because they provide me with an endless source of inspiration.  Feeling uncreative?  Spend ten minutes surfing their website and you'll be cured.  Earlier this year I had the opportunity to set foot in one of their brick and mortar locations for the first time and it was even more incredible!  While Anthro's "party animal" necklace set isn't too steeply priced at $38 each, Beverly from Flamingo Toes knew that she could create an inspired necklace for cheaper.  Her necklaces look so much like the originals that you'll have trouble telling the difference, and you can whip them up at a fraction of the cost!  [how to make an Anthro-inspired party animal necklace]

• Toy animals, $1
  • Embellishments, on hand or $1 and up
  • Jewelry findings, on hand or $1
  • Chain, on hand or $1
  • Glue, on hand

Total:  $1 and up

• Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said:

Woohooo!! Thank you so much for the feature!! What a great surprise to wake up to! :)

• Kathryn said:

Super cute! I will have to check out the plastic animals at the Dollar Store the next time I go.

• buggalcrafts said:

So terribly cute! But sad face my teen and almost teen don’t want a cirus party! And I am prob the only cafty person with a computer in the world who hasn’t been to Anthropologie’s website!

• Shannon said:

@ buggalcrafts, I haven’t been to Anthropologie’s website either so don’t feel bad. I like these but I don’t think I could pull off this look.

• Donna @ HomeBusiness said:

This is really interesting. I think I would prefer making these kinds of things than actually wearing them.

• Tammy said:

These are really crazy cute!

• Gretc.hen said:

Love this idea. Thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to try it

• Favorite Animal Finds | One Jackson said:

[...] The Anthro-Inspired Party Animal Necklaces brought to you by Dollar Store Crafts are so easy and inexpensive to create, you could have an [...]

• Melinda said:

I absolutely adore these necklaces…I can think of all kinds of things to do with these… Give them to kids at a birthday party as favors or for prizes…you could wear them at Halloween, if you are not daring enough to wear anytime…you could decorate with them! I love fun, whimsical pieces of jewelry hanging within frames on my wall and I think these just made the hit list..I also do magnets out of vintage brooches and clip on earrings…so cute!!!