This cute little yule log ornament was made by crafter Amy Davis of TheYankeeGirl.com after she saw a yule log favor box on the Martha Stewart site. Between using recyclables, and stuff she already had on hand, Amy spent just a dollar (at the dollar store) to make this ornament. Amy didn’t blog about this ornament, but she did explain how to make it, and allows me to share it with you today:
- Recycled toilet paper roll, on hand
- A printout of birch bark, printable available via MarthaStewart.com
- Spanish and green moss, on hand or $1 each
- Floral pick, $1
- Mushroom bird, (similar available at the dollar store, 2 for $1), $.50
- Glue, on hand
- Cut printed birch bark paper out to fit on the cardboard tube, then glue on.
- Cut a branch off of the floral pick, and glue it to the tube.
- Fashion a small nest out of the mosses, and glue onto branch.
- Glue bird into nest.
- Add a cord for hanging.
For more Toilet Paper Tube Reuse Ideas, visit my article at Homemade Simple.