Need some simple ideas for gorgeous gift wrap? Buy a roll of brown kraft paper at the dollar store, and have fun with the ribbons and embellishments. The neutral brown wrap makes a great backdrop for more elaborate embellishments that your giftees will love. I shared these ideas at my local morning TV show More Good Day Oregon. Here’s the clip:
Dollar Store Gift Wrap Ideas:
1. Kraft paper + Red Jute Ribbon + Dollar Store Floral Pick + Thrifted Brooch
I used red jute ribbon from May Arts, a dollar store floral pick (2 for $1) and a thrifted candy cane brooch.
Tip: Glue the embellishments on with hot glue, and you can seal your gift wrap with hot glue too!
2. Ribbon wrapped around package + Gold Glitter Star + Nutcracker Ornament
Blue ribbon wrapped around the package several times (this ribbon from May Arts), a gold glittered star, and a Nutcracker ornament from the dollar store (2 for $1).
3. Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree + Single Grosgrain Ribbon + Styrofoam Snowflake Decoration
The styrofoam snowflakes came in a package of 8 from the dollar store, and then I added a single grosgrain ribbon and glued it with hot glue. I made the cupcake liner Christmas Tree by folding three cupcake liners in thirds, hot gluing them, and adding a contact paper trunk and using a cupcake pick for the tree topper.
4. Woodgrain Contact Paper + Flattened Cupcake Liner + Raffia + Jingle Bells
I used a strip of woodgrain contact paper to go around the package, then I flattened a cupcake liner to make the red circle on top. Tie with raffia, and then hot glue a jingle bell embellishment on.
5. Dollar Store Scarf Bow wrapped around Kraft Paper
This is the simplest idea, but it’s tons of fun. Find a scarf to wrap around your package. I used a polka dotted dollar store scarf.