Home » Headline, supplies, Video

Video: New Product Demo: Mod Melts

19 January 2013 21,452 views 11 Comments

heat the mod melt and fill the mold mod podge

I was at the Craft & Hobby Association Winter 2013 trade show last week, and I saw all the latest and greatest new products that we have to look forward to this year. One of my favorites was the new Mod Melts from Mod Podge, a product invented by supercrafters Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza. I got a video of how they work (see below), and I found out that they'll be available in stores in July 2013. What are they? Well, they're meltable plastic sticks that work in a hot glue gun. You melt and mold them into hard plastic resin-like doo dads that can be painted, stained, inked, Mod Podged, etc. So very cool! Find out more from Cathie & Steve: [Mod Melts for Mod Podge]

mod melts make your own embellishments

Here's my video where Cathie & Steve show us how they work. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!

• SuT said:

Love all the great ideas. TYVM

• Kathryn said:

These look like fun! Thanks for letting us know about them:)

• Michelle L said:

ooh, I want them! Cool product!

• cathie filian said:

Thanks for the shout out!!!!

• Bonnie Stalbaum said:

Ohhh… Where can we get them???? I so have to have them!!! I want all the molds ….. PLEASE!!!!

@Bonnie – They’ll be available in July 2013 at major craft stores.

• Dollar Store Crafts » Blog Archive » Tutorial: Styrofoam Ruffly Cupcake Craft said:

[...] Here's a fun and easy cupcake craft that is a perfect project for kids or a girls' night crafting: a Styrofoam cupcake craft. Use these faux cupcakes as pincushions, or to make party centerpieces, ornaments, or fun home decor accents. Read on for instructions, or watch my tutorial video (made on location at CHA). [...]

• Melisa Marie said:

Does anyone know how much these will sell for? The price of both the molds, and the sticks?

Thanks!

• Jenell Pierre said:

Please make these available on amazon because I’d love to get them.

• Conni said:

Cute but what would you do with them once they’re made?

@Conni – you can use them for all kinds of fun embellishment projects. Check out some ideas at Handmade Happy Hour: http://handmadehappyhour.com/?s=mod+melts