Recycled Creamer Bottle Snowman Craft with Coffee-mate
I am a huge fan of recycled materials in crafting. I love the spirit of recycling, and it works especially well in kids' crafts! Do you drink Coffee-mate creamer or Coffee-mate Natural Bliss creamer? If so, this craft is a great way to recycle your creamer bottles into an adorable kids' craft: Creamer bottle snowmen. And don't forget to check out our giveaway below!
Crafting With Kids: My Favorite Simple Moments
One of my favorite simple ways to enjoy life is by volunteering in my sons' classrooms at school. This year, I have been leading the kindergarteners in art projects every week (you can find out all about our kindergarten art at Dollar Store Mom). This week, I arrived in the kindergarten class and discovered these adorable recycled Coffee-mate creamer bottle snowmen crafts the kids made. I guess I'm not the only crafty mom in the class!
Lucky for me, my son was able to demonstrate how to make this craft, so I can share it with you!
Recycled Coffee-mate Creamer Bottle Snowman Craft
- Recycled Coffee-mate creamer bottle (washed, rinsed, and dried), on hand
- White paper shreds, or shiny package filler, $1 (or use shredded recycled paper for FREE)
- Scrap of fabric, on hand
- Buttons, on hand or $1
- Googly eyes, on hand or $1
- White glue, on hand
Total cost: FREE and up, depending on your stash
We used the classic Coffee-mate bottle, which has a cheery red cap, but for a look that's all snow, go with the Coffee-mate Natural Bliss bottles, which have white caps.
If you don't have some of the materials listed on hand, feel free to look in your stash to substitute things you DO have. For instance, cut eyes out of felt instead of buying googly eyes.
1. First, fill the bottle with white shredded paper. You can find pre-shredded and crinkled package filler paper at the dollar store, or use recycled shredded paper, or another all-white material like batting or cotton balls.
2. Next, glue the scarf on around the neck of the bottle. Our scarves were scraps of fabric about 1" wide and about 10" long. Glue with regular white school glue.
3. Finally, add eyes and buttons going down the front of the snowman. Glue with regular school glue.
Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Prize Package Giveaway
We're giving one Coffee-mate Natural Bliss prize package! The package includes:
- Reduced value coupon for Natural Bliss
- $5 Target Gift Card
- Coffee Tumbler
- Vanilla Bean Scented Candle
- Italian Biscotti Cookies
To enter, log into the Rafflecopter widget below (you can log in with your Facebook account, or create a new account at Rafflecopter.com). US entries only, 18 or older, void where prohibited. Giveaway ends on 12/27/2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This post and giveaway sponsored by Coffee-mate Natural Bliss, who provided the prize pack and compensated me. All words & opinions are my own.