DIY Fashion: 10 Sweet Refashioned Dresses
by Becky Striepe
Could your wardrobe use a little bit of oomph? Shopping for new dresses can get expensive, and thrift store finds often need some love to look current and stylish. Check out these DIY fashion ideas to help you refashion some of your old clothes into cute dresses or give an old dress a brand new life. There are even a couple of no-sew options for you!
- Pollock-Style Upgrade - Does your favorite dress have an unsightly stain? Cover it up in DIY style!
- Upcycled Ruffles - Grab a couple of t-shirts from your dresser to create this sweet dress that has us dreaming of spring.
- Printed Shirtdress - Turn a washed-out old dress into a super sweet polkadot frock in vibrant colors.
- Color-Blocked Dress Refashion - Got a too-short, frumpy dress in your closet? Get classy with this color-blocking method.
- No-Sew Refashion - Who says that you need sewing skills to alter your wardrobe?
- Three Dollar Dress Redo - Grab some stash fabric and your sewing machine to make a frumpy dress super cute.
- Color Story - This could be the easiest dress refashion ever - no sewing required!
- Take it Out - Turn a too-small dress from your closet into a sweet pleated little number.
- Take it In - Oversized thrift store scores just need a little bit of love to fit like a glove.
- Origami Peplum Dress - Peplums are super hip right now, and if you've got an oversized dress, you can take it in and add a flirtly little peplum to stay on trend on the cheap.
Have you guys done any cool dress refashioning? I'd love to hear about the DIY fashion projects that you're working on in the comments!
Full disclosure policy.