If you’re been sewing for any length of time, you probably have one of those sweet little tomato pincushions. Mix things up a bit with a custom, homemade pincushion instead! We’ve got 10 pincushion tutorials for you, so you can find the perfect one to fit your sewing needs. The best part? You probably have most of what you need to make these suckers in your stash or lying around the house!
1) Napkin Ring Pincushion – Hit the thrift store or your own kitchen, and turn a spare napkin ring into a sweet little pincushion with this tutorial from Sew Many Ways.
2) Picture Frame Pincushion – Over at Craftaholics Anonymous, get the scoop on how to turn a small picture frame into a unique pincushion.
3) Teacup Pincushion – Grab an old teacup and let Sincerely, Kinsey show you how to turn it into a handy pincusion with an easy-to-grab handle.
4) Mason Jar Pincushion – Store sewing notions right inside your pincushion! Please Note has a simple tutorial to turn one of your old mason jars into a pincushion-storage combo.
5) Vintage Jewelry Box Pincushion – Got a jewelry box that you’ve replaced with a better organizing solution? Cat on a Limb shows you how to make a pincushion from that old keepsake.
6) Owl Pincushions – Bust that fabric stash! You can make these owl pincushions from The DIY Dish with fabric scraps.
7) Cupcake Pincushion – Another great project for your scrap fabric, I’m loving imakecraft’s cupcake pincushion tutorial!
8) Miniature Spool Pincushion – Don’t toss your old thread spools in the recycle bin! Set one aside to make a perfect little pincushion with One Stitch Two Stitch.
9) Pincushion Needlebook – Don’t put away that scrap fabric yet! Simple Homemade’s pincushion and needlebook tutorial is perfect for using up those bits and pieces.
10) Wrist Pincushion – Never hunt for that pincushion in the middle of your project again! Moda Bakeshop’s Pea Pod Pincushion is a handy stash-buster.