This post brought to you by Duck Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
Here at Dollar Store Crafts, we love crafting with Duck Tape®! The only thing better is adding recycled materials to the mix. In today's project, we've done both, and created a Glitter Duck Tape® desk organizer made from recycled paper towel tubes. We're celebrating spring and Earth Month with this blingy project made from recyclables.
For this project, we've used Duck Tape's new Glitter Tape in pink and silver to add some bling, along with their adorable mini Duck Tape Ducklings in silver and black.
- Recycled paper tubes (paper towel, wrapping paper, etc.), on hand
- Recycled cardboard, on hand
- Glitter Duck Tape®, about $6 a roll
- Ducklings Duck Tape®, about $2 a roll
- Coordinating colored cardstock paper, on hand or $.25 each
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks, on hand
- White glue
Total: $8 and up (or use on-hand Duck Tape to reduce total cost!)
1. Cut a 5 x 5" square piece of recycled cardboard, and cover it with silver glitter Duck Tape.
2. Trim four cardboard tubes to the following sizes:
- 2 inches tall
- 3 inches tall
- 4 inches tall
- 5 inches tall
3. Cover each tube with Glitter Duck Tape®. Add coordinating stripes of Duck Tape® Ducklings Tape in silver and black around the top of each tube.
4. Optional: For each tube, roll up a rectangle of colored cardstock paper and insert it into the inside of the tube. Glue the paper to the inside of each tube.
5. Glue the tubes to the cardboard square base with hot glue.
Like this project? Try our other Duck Tape® crafts!
Want to get your hands on the new Spring Duck Tapes? You can find Duck Tape here.
Connect with Duck Tape®:
What Easter/Spring craft projects will you be making this year?