Dollar Store Recipe: Nut Free Sweet and Salty Party Mix
Nut Free Sweet & Salty Party Mix!
It's that time of year when everyone seems to be having a party. With end of year school parties, summer holiday parties, and more, everyone is looking for a good kid-friendly party mix to brighten the festivities. My Crunchy Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe is not only a fun, kid-friendly party mix, it is nut-free making it safe for children with peanut and tree nut allergies.
Nut Free Crunchy Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe
Recipe inspired by Something Swanky
Your taste buds will dance with delight with this Nut Free Crunchy Sweet and Salty Party Mix recipe. I've combined some of my favorite childhood flavors, including the ever-so-fun Bugles every kid wore on their fingers as claws, to create this food allergy friendly treat. Sixlets add a bit of color pop to this recipe and are the perfect nut-free alternative to M&M's (even plain M&M's may contain nuts).
Serve this delicious treat in bright colored Dollar Store bowls and serving trays for instant Wow! appeal. Make a bold statement with one bright color, or mix and match colors creating a rainbow tablescape.
- 12 tbsp. (3/4 cup) butter
- 6 tbsp. (3 oz) corn syrup
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 c. popcorn (popped)
- 2 c. chex cereal
- 2 c. Bugles
- 2 c. pretzel sticks
- 1 c. Sixlets candies
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Place popcorn, cereal, Bugles and pretzel sticks in a large bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a saucepan on the stove top combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium-low to medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a stead rate for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour caramel over dry ingredients in bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add Sixlets. Let cool completely.
Note: If mixture thickens while stirring, place cookie sheet back in the over for a few seconds to soften the caramel again.
Even my little helper couldn't wait to get her fingers on this delicious treat!
Full disclosure policy.