So the question is, whooo’s ready for spring (or maybe summer)? Well this feathered little friend sure is! You can make your own spring owl wreath like the one you see here, using less than $5 in dollar store materials. This wreath is perfect for the owl lover in your life, and is a great way to get in the spring spirit.
- Grapevine wreath, $1
- Owl statue, $1
- Spray paint, $3 (for designer colors! We recommend the splurge as the $1 paint is not good)
- Twine, on hand or $1
- Scrapbook paper, on hand or $1
- Hot glue, glue gun
Total: $5 and up
Look for scrapbook paper that compliments the colors in your wreath. We chose a green vine pattern to match the green in our wreath. You can do the same. If you don’t have twine, you can always use yarn or ribbon. Whatever you have on hand works fine!
1. Apply two coats of spray paint to the grapevine wreath and allow to dry.
2. Create the bunting banner that will get strung across your wreath. Do this by snipping out small triangles and gluing them to the twine. Allow the banner to dry.
3. Next, attach the banner to the wreath. Add some hot glue to the ends of the twine and press the ends to the back of the wreath.
4. Apply a generous amount of glue to the bottom base of your owl. Press the owl to the inside of the wreath until secure. It may take a few minutes, and quite a bit of glue to make this happen. Eventually it will stick and be secure.
Your spring owl wreath can now be displayed! Use ribbon for hanging or just hang it on a tack or nail.
See how easy this spring owl wreath can be? Give it a try!