Holy summer, y’all! It’s been in the 90s here in Atlanta for pretty much a month straight. Sleeves are just not happening. You would have to be a mad woman to sport sleeves in this weather. Luckily, you don’t have to. Here are 10 DIY ways to get your tank top on.
1. T-Shirt Halter – Turn an out-of-season long sleeved tee into a bangin’ halter top.
2. Ribbon Tank – This is another upcycled tee. Lana Red transformed an oversized men’s tee into a sweet tank top with an embroidered heart on the front.
3. Ruffle Tank Top – Turn a boring old tank top from your closet into a super cute top with ruffle details.
4. Shirred Tank – Grab an old tee and turn it into a flattering tank top with a shirred top.
5. Pocket Tunic – Turn a thrifted button down top into a super cute tank with POCKETS!
6. Flowy Tank – This is another men’s shirt transformation, and I would like 80 of them in my closet, please.
7. Basic Ribbon Tank – This is a bare-bones t-shirt to tank top transformation.
8. Peter Pan Collar Tank – Old ribbed tank plus vintage hankie equals super twee tank top action!
9. Doily Back Tank – I know, “doily” and “sexy” don’t seem to go together, but this tutorial makes it work.
10. No-Sew T-Shirt Tank – Who says that you need sewing skills to make your own clothes? Not Lulu & Sweet Pea!