The official first day of fall is only a few days away! That means it’s time for tights, boots, and scarves! If you could use a new scarf or two in your fall wardrobe, try one of these upcycled scarf ideas to create one on the cheap.
1. Cozy T-Shirt Scarf – T-shirt scarves are usually not super cozy, but this two-ply version looks like it would keep you nice and warm on a fall evening.
2. Sweater Neckerchief – This Anthro-inspired lined sweater scarf is so sweet and simple!
3. Infinity Scarf – Turn a thrift store sweater into an infinity scarf in a flash.
4. Patchwork Sweater Scarf – Sweater crafts never use the whole sweater. Do you have a stash of sweater pieces that need some love? Turn them into a patchwork scarf.
5. Button Scarflette – I love the giganto button details on this sweater-turned-scarflette.
6. Hooded Scarf – If you can track down a hooded sweater at the thrift, it is super simple to turn it into a hooded scarf.
7. Lettuce Scarf – This upcycled scarf uses a simple sewing technique to create a natural ruffle.
8. Sweater Cowl – This is a lined cowl that calls for two sweaters in contrasting fabrics. I love the look of these!
9. Child’s Bow Scarf – Turn two old scarves into one insanely cute row of bows.
10. Skirt to Scarf – Turn a dowdy maxi skirt into a super cute, voluminous scarf in just a few steps.