I’ve been having fun crafting with these mini skeleton hands! They are the perfect size for making quick Halloween accesories. I purchased a pack at Michaels so I could make a set of hair clips, and started thinking of other ways to use them. I came up with a scarf pin and a really fun fascinator! Here’s how you can make your own.
- Skeleton hands, $2 per pack
- Fabric headband, on hand
- Tulle, on hand or $1
- Flowers, $1
- Pin Backs, on hand
Total: $3 and up
To make the scarf pin:
Use E-6000 to glue the pin to the inside of the hand. I added pink nail polish for a bit of color, and paired the pin with this scarf from Dollar Tree.
To make the fascinator:
1. Cut a strip of tulle, scrunch it and fold it in half. Sew it onto the headband. Do this twice.
2. Tint white fabric flowers with black ink. Sew them onto the headband.
3. Hot glue the hand on top of the flowers.
4. Cover the hand and flowers with a piece of tulle, and sew the tulle to the headband.
The hair clip tutorial can be found here
I can think of lots of other fun ways to use these boney hands. They’d make creepy belt buckles, spooky key chains, and haunting pendants. If only there were more hours in a day to craft all the things! What would you make with skeleton hands?