I love typographical art, and these embroidery patterns combine typography with beautiful graphics. Which one is your favorite?
My favorite thing about embroidery is choosing my floss colors. These designs are lovely just as the artists displayed them, but you can get a totally different feel with the same embroidery pattern just by mixing up your colors. Swapping hot for cool or adding a pop of contrast to give any of these free embroidery patterns a bit of your own personality.
1. Don’t be Distracted – Inspired by a Sufjan Stevens song, this design from Wild Olive looks lovely in vibrant colors.
2. Make a Wish – How sweet are these pretty dandelions from While Wearing Heels?
3. Life is Beautiful – This cheery spring sampler from Baker Court is perfect for beating the winter blues.
4. The Sky is the Limit – I’d love this pretty hot air balloon by Spool & Spoon embroidered onto a tote bag.
5. Feather Alphabet – Use this free printable to create your own typographical art by Feeling Stitchy!
6. Give Thanks – Thanksgiving is long gone, and I love this reminder from Creative Kismet that we should be thankful every single day.
7. Do Small Things with Great Love – Amy at Nana Company says that this pattern was inspired by Mother Theresa.
8. Carl Sagan – Cherry and Cinnamon may have won my heart with this Carl Sagan quote embroidery pattern.
9. French Poem Napkins – Cloth napkins are tres chic, and I’m loving this pattern that Teresa Down Under shared on Craftsy.
10. COFFEE! – Need I say more? Thank you, Wild Olive, for sharing this one!