Valentine’s Day is right around the corner- and if you’re anything like me, that means lots of cute themed nail designs to celebrate the season. These adorable minion themed nails are not only incredibly easy, but quite the conversation starter as well. If you’re looking for a simple Valentine’s Day design, check out these heart nails from last year. With a bit of creativity and patience, you too can achieve these cute nails!
- Light pink polish, on hand or $1 and up
- Dark pink polish, on hand or $1 and up
- Silver polish, on hand or $1 and up
- White polish, on hand or $1 and up
- Black polish, on hand or $1 and up
- Topcoat, on hand or $1 and up
- Toothpick/brush for detail work, on hand
- Dotting tool (bobby pins work), on hand
Total: Free and up!
1. Apply two coats of light pink polish. Let dry for 3-5 minutes.
2. Using a detail brush (or toothpick) and the dark pink polish, create rectangular shapes at the tip of the nail.
3. With the same dark pink, add diagonal lines extending from the corners to the edge of the nail.
4. Create a thin, black line near the base of your nail- try to make it as straight as possible, a brush works best.
5. To form the minion’s eyes, dip your dotting tool into a silver polish and create two even circles on the black line.
6. With white polish, form smaller circles within the silver circles- a bobby pin works well for this step.
7. To complete the eyes, add small black dots inside the white circles. For added character & personality, try to place the dots in different directions & different angles.
8. With a small brush or toothpick and the black polish, form a slightly curved line underneath the eyes to create the smile.
9. For a little extra fun- decorate the minion’s pants! I added polka dots, hearts, buttons, etc. to give it a little sass and it turned out super cute. Get creative with it and give your minions some personality.
10. Once you allow the design to dry for 5-10 minutes, finish it off with a topcoat to seal in your awesome work.
Megan blogs about makeup, nails, learning how to look great on a budget and keeping up with the latest styles at her site razberriez.com. She is the fingernail fashion contributor for Dollar Store Crafts.