Home » $5 and Under, Decor, Holiday Crafts

Guest Dollar Store Genius: Tiered Bowl

3 November 2008 55,031 views 11 Comments

Barbara from Craftsty made this amazing display bowl to show off her adorable mushrooms.

• 3 bowls, $3
  • 2 candlesticks, $2
  • Strong glue (E6000 on hand)

Total Cost: $5

This is a great idea for the holidays! Simple holiday decorating! Or use it for your next craft show display.

Barbara:
I made a 3 tier bowl set from items from my local dollar store!  The total cost was $5.00 and some strong glue because mine were made out of glass.  I bought 3 bowls and 2 candle sticks.  Set one bowl upside down and glue a candle stick in the middle and repeated again then place the last bowl uptop the candle stick.  Let it dry and flip over now you have a 3 tier bowl set.   They can be used for centerpieces with fruit or candies but I use mine in my craftroom.

Thanks for sharing your dollar store genius with us, Barbara!

• Traci said:

I made this with a dinner plate and saucer…..I LOVE MINE….I need to try your idea now! Thanks for sharing.

• Suzanne said:

I just found your blog today – it’s so fun!!! I will be going to the dollar store tomorrow to get the stuff to make this!! Thank You!

• Pepper Scraps » Super Surfing Sunday said:

[...] Tiered Bowl – Today my husband and I are going to be decorating. This is a neat idea and I think it would make a really neat candy dish and a great centerpiece! [...]

• Masquerade Party Ideas? (Candy Buffet!) | Dollar Store Crafts said:

[...] own tiered serving dishes from trays and a candlestick, like this one at Tatertots & Jello, or this tiered bowl would also be especially great for a colorful candy display. Don't overlook the cylindrical vases! [...]

• The Koozie Floozie said:

I made a cake plate by using an octagon shaped mirror that I found at Hobby Lobby and glued it to a wide candle stick base…. awesome….. going to try this as well…. great addition for my sewing room or maybe tiny glass christmas balls for the holiday….

• 25 DIY Home Organization Ideas said:

[...] sure.  Get in the spirit of organizing and make a few!Fabric Storage Boxes – Make It and Love ItTiered Glass Bowls – Dollar Store CraftsRope Covered Containers – Creative in ChicagoChalkboard Calendar – [...]

• Ashley said:

Love this little tiered bowl! Can see that this would be a great addition to my scrapbooking space. Thanks for sharing!

• Jen said:

These are so much fun! Can’t wait to have a go at making one

• Selene Casado said:

Excelente!!

• Jezme said:

I used Crazy Putty from Dollar Tree to make my own tiered display for muffins, cupcakes, etc. I already had plenty of glass plate options in various sizes, but I’m sure Dollar Stores have them if you don’t. I used Gold Silly Putty, found in the kid’s/craft section, rolle a small piece into a thin rope and put it around the edge of a candlestick or cup. Center plate and press onto Silly Putty. Add another candlestick or goblet and do it again! I’ve even used this when it was passed around a table for a family style meal, but Handle with care and hold by the bottom plate!!

• Alicia said:

Hey this is a cool idea, but I’m wondering did u make the mushrooms or did you buy them? I’m a huge mushroom collectors and I love these wooden ones.