Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, From Our Readers, Headline, Kids

Back to School — Sticky Note Clipboards

6 September 2009 124,991 views 22 Comments

by Care

post-it clipboards
It's back to school time!  Teacher gifts are becoming more and more popular, not only at the end of school, but the beginning as well.  Or how about a little back-to-school gift for your student!  Kristy shows how she made these adorable little clipboards from restaurant coasters, binder clips, and a few scraps of paper.  [get the details here]

• chipboard restaurant coasters, free
  • medium size binder clips, $1.50/dozen
  • scrapbook paper scraps, on hand
  • ribbon scraps, on hand

Total:  $1.50 and up for 12!

• harriett hannusch said:

kristy’s sticky note clipboards are extremely cute. they are not hard to make and make a fun “little” gift.
    kristy is very talented as anyone seeing some of her other work would have to agree. you go girl!

• Laura Cook said:

Kristy is so creative. She is always coming up with great ideas & is very green, using what she has. Check out her blog at fet-next2heaven.blogspot.com/. Keep up the great work. I love following your blog.

• Laura Cook said:

sorry I mis spelled her blog. It is fey-next2heaven.blogspot.com/

• Dabbled » Blog Archive » Random Sunday Link Day! said:

[...] love this idea for Sticky Note Clipboards at Dollar Store Crafts [...]

• 15 Affordable Teacher Gifts and Other Inspiration | Organizing Home Life said:

[...] love these adorable sticky note clipboards from Dollar Store Crafts made with free chipboard restaurant coasters, scrapbook paper, and binder [...]

• Ginny @ Organizing Homelife said:

Thanks so much for the great idea! I featured it on my blog: http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/1048

• heidi said:

what are the measurement for the chipboard

• heather said:

@heidi, Sorry, we don’t have the measurements for the chipboard. They are probably about 3.5″ or 4″ square. They’re coasters!

• Barb said:

I feel silly asking but where do you get FREE chipboard coasters?

• heather said:

@Barb, you can probably pick them up when you eat out — at places that use them. Other than that, you’ll probably have to shell out $1 for 6 of them at the dollar store!

• Rachel said:

I am making these for a fundraiser (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). I was able to order coasters on email for 13 cents each. Also able to order the sticky notes and clips also on ebay in bulk for cheap. By the time everything is said and done I am looking at about 75 cents. I can’t wait to get these sold as they are super cute. I have them out on my facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/RachelsTrainingForACure along with other fun and cute crafts. Enjoy making these as I had a blast!

• Michelle Griffo said:

I follow you now! I am teacher and I could use this to make for my room parents!
    Michelle
    Apples and ABC’s

• Brenda said:

What do you glue the paper on with and what if both sides have advertisements…I have full access to alot of these and would love to do them

• heather said:

@Brenda, I would use Mod Podge to glue and seal the paper. And you can apply the paper to both sides.

• Brenda said:

Thanks…

• Ashlie said:

I went to Outback today, mentioned I was a teacher, and asked the manager to donate some coasters. He did so without question, and gave me 30 instead of the 10 I asked for. I think you can get most things like this without feeling guilty by sneaking them off the table. If you mention you are a teacher, I have found most places will donate small things to you (they don’t have to know it may not be for your class). I also learned that Chili’s no longer has coasters. Olive Garden has round ones for wine glasses that would be super cute with the round post-it notes. Happy crafting!

• Inexpensive Valentine Gift Ideas -- All under $20! - Moms Have Questions Too said:

[...] Sticky Note Clipboards, write “Valentine, I’m “stuck” on you!” on the top [...]

• Mini Clip Boards with Post-it Notes « Do It And How said:

[...] Very Inexpensive to make – check it out, this gal made 12 for less than $2. [...]

• teacher appreciation week said:

[...] and put it in a little tray with a ribbon and added a gift card to a restaurant.  I found the idea here, but made them my own [...]

• m said:

oh these are so cute! i posted them on my blog please follow

• AML said:

I used thick chip board and regular scrapbook paper for the front and coordinating solid card stock on the back. They seem to stick better, not as porous. Turned out darling!