Quick Gift: Pot Holder Dish Towel
Thanks to Jessica from Happy Together, one of my favorite bloggers! She always has such cute ideas, and I am happy to share this great last-minute and hostess gift idea with you. -Heather
Pot Holder Dish Towel Tutorial by Jessica Fediw, Oh So Happy Together
This is a super quick, in a hurry gift. It’s cute and practical. I especially love these because my daughter can’t yank it off of the stove!
What you need:
-1 pot holder (the ones I found at the dollar store had 2 in a pack!) $1
-1 dish towel $1
-1 Button (not too small) $1 or on hand
-10 strip of ribbon/yarn/elastic/twill tape/etc. on hand
-Optional: Scrap materials for embellishing it
How to make it
- The towel needs to be the same width as the pot holder, so gather the ends some if it is longer and pin in place.
- Pin the middle of the pot holder to the middle of the dish towel, right sides together.
- Sew straight down the middle and when the pot holder is folded it looks like this:
- Pin the 10 inch piece of twill tape/etc. to the top middle back of the pot holder.
- Sew in place.
- Hand sew on button to the front top middle.
- Embellish if you like. I did some embroidery and added on a strand of pom poms, ribbon, and rick rack to the front bottom of the towel. (the pictures in the next email)