Home » $1 and Free, Headline, High Concept, Wearable Crafts

Make a Fabric Beaded Necklace

13 January 2010 15,717 views 9 Comments

I guess I'm into pretty jewelry this week! Check out this necklace found at Pretty Ditty. You can use any scrap fabric and beads you happen to have on hand to make this necklace. I love this black, white, and red combination! It's classic and fun, with a dash of romance but not TOO girly. You could wear it with a little black dress or a little black tee and jeans. [click here for beaded fabric flower necklace tutorial] [via]

• Long strip of scrap fabric for necklace part, on hand
  • Coordinating scrap fabric for flowers, on hand
  • Beads, on hand or $1
  • Needle & thread, on hand

Total: FREE and up

• Jessica H said:

Love this! I haven’t made any jewelry but my fave thrift store just put out a ginormous basket of costume jewelry for $2 and under. This looks like a nice way to ease into making some jewelry!

• Kathy V. said:

super cute!

• Melia said:

Love this!

• Eri Attebery said:

I love that design! Very elegant looking but inexpensive to make.

• pam said:

Striking! You are right classic, fun and romantic! Perfect choice of words from one of my favorite wordsmiths! Such a simple idea but it turned out to be so pretty didn’t it?

• Cassie said:

I just finished making my first necklace a few minutes ago. I love it so much. If you have any other ideas please post!!

• Links « { quarterlife lifestyle } said:

[...] Make a fabric beaded necklace (via Dollar Store Crafts) [...]

• Links — {quarterlife lifestyle} said:

[...] Make a fabric beaded necklace (via Dollar Store Crafts) [...]

• Andrea said:

I made mine last night. I love it! I’m not much of a sewing person, but i was able to hand stitch it while sitting in front of the TV. Very cool project.