Home » $5 and Under, Decor, Food Crafts, Headline

Make a Tea Wreath

5 May 2010 55,800 views 23 Comments

Sisters Kirstin and Jordan from kojodesigns put this beautiful wreath together out of stuff they found in their kitchen and recycling bin. I love the idea of organizing your teas visually like this - it allows you to enjoy the colorful varieties of tea, and also helps a visual person choose which tea she wants to drink. Plus, you can change out the look of the wreath depending on the tea sachets you choose. My parents have a coffee bar in their kitchen so guests can come and make any hot drink of their choice anytime. This would be such a cute decoration above the coffee bar, or anywhere in your kitchen. Wouldn't this be a fun Mother's Day gift for your tea-loving mothers? [find the tea wreath tutorial here] [thanks]

• Recycled cardboard, on hand
  • Clothespins, $1
  • Various teas, $1 and up
  • Pretty paper (scrapbook, giftwrap, etc), on hand
  • Glue and scissors

Total: $2 and up

• Lo Amo Cioccolato said:

What a great idea. My husband is a tea drinker and I’m totally making this for him.

• Mer said:

this is my fave craft i have seen so far!!!

• sarahwww said:

ooohhhh! I like it!! Perhaps I should forward to a certain daughter I know….

• Chica and Jo said:

This is so cute and functional. Two things I look for most in a craft!

• catherine s. said:

Saw this and thought it was the seed packet wreath found here: http://livelifecreateart.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-latest-obsession.html

What a great twist with packets of stuff…or this could be a fun advent wreath too – with a little notecard for each day.

Thanks for posting!

• Kathy V. said:

so cute!

• Tifani said:

I actually made this for a friend of mine. She was staying with her young daughter in the hospital, and I thought it would be cheery decoration as well give her plenty of tea to drink.

• Dad said:

This is a really wonderful idea! Cool way to clean up the messy tea basket that everyone paws through. Hmmm- where will we put ours?

• pam said:

Yes, heather! This would definitely be a great idea for all kinds of drink packets! I am thinking especially at Christmas time when you could make a wreath of hot cocoa, hot cider, peppermint tea, Holiday coffee….

Great idea! thanks for sharing.

• julia said:

OOH cute!!!

• Marie Mize said:

This is a great idea for a cute gift. I can’t wait to make one.

• Toni said:

Excellent idea with many potential applications. Like…bath items (scrubies, bath salt packets, etc) or herbs (fresh or packets of dried) or even (excuse me) “male prophylactic items.” (Why I thought of that I don’t know.)

• Michelle said:

I took this as inspiration to make a flower to pin the teabags to instead! I’m having trouble figuring out how to hang it up since it doesn’t have a hole in the center but it would also just make a great centerpiece lying flat.

• Infarrantly Creative said:

I saw that on their site and absolutely love it. I wish I knew a tea drinker just so I could make this! I stumbled you!

• Kathy V. said:

So beautiful and practical!

• Elaine said:

What a wonderful idea! We have a women’s tea that we do in May (for Mother’s Day) and this would be the perfect gift for a drawing!! Thanks for sharing this simple but elegant idea. I think I’ll make one for my kitchen – May is such a long ways a away…

• CrochetN'Crafts said:

This is such a great idea! I love tea…and this looks so easy to make, thanks for the great idea!

• Amanda said:

Hi Heather! I’ve put together a round up of nifty kitchen projects on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here

• Hayley said:

I think this idea is absolutely adorable. A few weeks ago, I was sitting and waiting forever on the AT&T guy to install my cable and decided to make one myself. I used a dinner plate at the base and luckily had all the materials on hand. Very easy and fairly quick to make! If you don’t have a hot glue gun on hand, I definitely recommend using Mod Podge over traditional glue!

• Leslie said:

I made this using artist trading cards I didn’t know how to display and I LOVE IT! Thank you for the idea!

• Create A Day » Blog Archive » Day 264: Tea Wreaths said:

[...] I also made Tea Wreaths! I got the inspiration for this from one of my favorite craft blogs, Dollar Store Crafts, and basically followed the directions word for word! I didn’t use as many cloths pins and [...]

• Skylandra said:

Sweet!

• Anne @ Unique Gifter said:

This is such a cute idea! I absolutely love how easy it would be to repurpose it again. Plus you can pick out different coloured teas to make it fit different seasons or themes.
    Love it!