Home » $5 and Under, cheap crafts, Headline

Skeleton Twinkle Lights

18 October 2010 4,188 views 7 Comments

by Care

This year my boys are very much into Halloween.  Together we have been having a great time decorating and doing fun Halloween activities.   On a recent trip to the dollar store we found some skeleton straws and brought them home to come up with something to use them for.

After my skull light project a couple weeks ago, I had my string of twinkle lights sitting on my craft table, and the skeleton straws right beside them.  A fantastic idea was born right on the spot!  [click here for details]

• skeleton straws, 5/$1 ( used two packages)
  • twist-ties, on hand
  • twinkle lights, on hand (I used a 20-light strand)

Total:  $2 and up!

Caroline Sanchez (Care) has been sewing since her mom taught her the basics at around six years old.  She has always been driven to CREATE, even from a very young age.  She is mommy to two little boys and one baby girl, and almost every spare moment she has is spent in her sewing room or working on her blog, Obsessively Stitching.

• LizAndrsn said:

I love those straws, too! But I thread them on my car antenna — they blow their little arms and legs as I wiz down the road. Just make sure you have something at the top to prevent them from launching off when you hit highway speeds. Something like a Jack-in-the-Box topper.

• Glory's Mischief said:

GENIUS!

OMG Love the antenna idea too! =D

• heather said:

These are briliant!! You are the queen of deconstructing stuff from the dollar store and recreating it into something even better!!

• Craft Passion said:

This is brilliant, wish I can find the skeleton straw in my local dollar store!!!

• Mod Podge Amy said:

These are wonderful! I love.

• Jeri said:

I love those little guys. I have some of those straws too. I don’t have an antenna or I would put one up like that.

• Kim said:

Oh I LOVE this!!! We’ll have to visit our Dollar store tomorrow to see if they have any more of those straws! Thanks!!