Home » $5 and Under, Decor, Food Crafts, Headline, Holiday Crafts

Make a Peeps Easter Wreath

19 March 2011 9,695 views 15 Comments

peeps easter wreath

I like Peeps crafts even more than actually eating the marshmallowy treat! Over at Mommysavers, Kimberly created a tasteful and whimsical Peeps wreath. I think the combination of brown and yellow is really inspired! Today when I was at the library with my kiddos, I saw a library window sill decorated with rows of peeps on plastic grass, which was surprisingly cute. What other cute uses for Peeps have you seen lately? [how to make a Peeps wreath]

• 12? floral foam wreath, $1
  • 5 yards satin ribbon, $1
  • 20-22 Marshmallow Bunny Peeps, $2
  • Glue Gun, on hand

Total: $4

• Meghan said:

Now that’s adorable!

• jessie said:

very cute but this just screams “ant bait” to me.

@jessie, I totally hear you! I have to fight the ant battle myself!

• Deseree said:

You could always spray it with some polyurethane sealant and that could save it from the ants, and you’d be able to keep it for use next year! :)

• Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17 said:

I’m absolutely crazy for it! Who doesn’t love and feel nostalgic for Peeps?

• Kristi said:

Eee! Love it!

• linda said:

That is really cute and about all peeps are good for IMHO. :-)

• Erin said:

o-m-ggggggg im TOTALLY MAKING IT THIS WEEK! I am totally using pink peeps though! LOVE IT~!!!!!!!!!!

• Camille said:

I absolutely cannot stand the taste of Peeps. There… I said it and it feels like a great weight has been lifted because how could you not love those adorable puff balls. I can come out of hiding finally – with this project I have a way of appreciating them that doesn’t involve putting them in my mouth – thank goodness!

• Amanda said:

I cannot even tell you how oh so excited I became once I viewed this. I am holding Easter this year at my new home, so this will be a great welcoming greeter at the door :) Thank you very much!

And I also will be using the polyurethane!

• Christy said:

I totally love this, but how do you keep ants and critters from attacking these precious peeps so they will not get old causing insects to attack :)

• Rachael said:

@Deseree- that is a great idea! Where do you find the polyurethane sealent?

• Manualidades para hacer Semana Santa said:

[...] vía; 1, 2, 3, 4, [...]

• Carrie said:

This is a fun idea! I featured it on my blog this morning at http://whittskitsfabricscrafts.blogspot.com/2013/03/mining-monday-easter-treats.html
    for a fun Easter idea!