I love my hot glue gun. BUT. I hate getting burned, and the thought of getting burned while working on stuff sometimes keeps me from getting my hot glue gun out. Some other crafters thought so too, which is why they invented Hot Glue Gun Helpers!
My friend Cathie Filian and her crafty-partner-in-crime Steve Piacenza are well-known crafters and crafty tv hosts (of HGTV’s Creative Juice, and check out their current proeject: Plaid TV), and they were sick of getting burned while hot glue gunning, so they came up with a set of heat-resistant tools that will make your hot glue gun projects much more pleasant!
The kit contains:
- Craft Mat: Cover and protect your work surface. Peel craft paint and cooled glue from the mat. Soap and water clean up. Rolls for storage. (measures 14.75″ x 11.5″)
- Finger Caps (you get 3: 2 adult sizes and 1 teen size): Place on fingers to protect while gluing. Great with hot glue.
- Tweezers: Pick up and place small items into glue. Non-stick tips. Great for working with gem glue.
- Paddle: Corners pick up a small amount of glue. Paddle allows for a soft press. Great for gluing flowers.
- Press Wand: Tipped end smears hot glue. Great for paper crafts. Blunt end allows for a firm press. Great for gluing embellishments.
I really love this product! If I were the crafty Oprah, I would give one of these away to everyone I know (and everyone I don’t know). All the tools are heat-resistant and designed to help you use hot glue in ways you have never been able to.
When wearing the finger caps, you can literally put your finger in hot glue and you won’t get burned or feel any heat from the hot glue. You can use all the tools to do different things like pick up a small dab of glue for fine work, or apply pressure against something that needs to be pressed down. You can put a glob of hot glue down on the mat and it won’t damage your work surface at all. When the glue cools, it peels right off of the mat.
The only thing I would change is to make the finger caps bigger (or make them available in “man” size, since my fingers didn’t like being squeezed into them). They are probably fine for most people, though! I guess I just have large fingers!
If you want to know more, check out this video, where Cathie demonstrated the tools on HSN:
Hot Glue Gun Helpers Giveaway
I have one set to give away, so comment below to be entered in the giveaway.
Winner will be chosen on Friday, June 17th. Anyone is eligible, as long as your country accepts mail from the USA.
The winner has been selected and the giveaway is over! Thank you for your comments.
disclosure: i received one set as a sample and one to give away, but opinions are mine (and I totally love this product!)