Home » $5 and Under, cheap crafts, Headline

Make a Blingy Clipboard

28 June 2011 65,321 views 16 Comments

Blingy Clipboard

This is such a fun sparkly idea: embellish clipboards with sparkly and shiny goodies by Teresa Collins. This looks like a great girls' night out craft. You can use just about anything to embellish a clipboard this way, so if rhinestones and pearls aren't your thing, just substitute your favorite things and make a completely unique clipboard just for you. How cool would it be to use some old broken junk jewelry? [how to make a blingy clipboard] [via pinterest]

• Clipboard, $1
  • Glue, on hand
  • Various rhinestones and sparkly embellishments, $1 and up

Total: $2 and up

• Sherry said:

This is perfect for someone in the jewelry business ;-)

• Sally said:

My daughter is going to love this idea – can’t wait to get crafting!

• Blingy Clipboard « Fairly Frivolous said:

[...] I could totally see doing this when I stop being lazy. But for now, laziness [...]

• Cindy said:

I LOVE THIS!!! Thanks so much for posting!

• Lana Shear said:

Love this. Was saving family members costume jewelry to embellishments a mirror for my granddaughter but this is much easier and faster. By the way, I did the mirror with seashells.

• Diane said:

Please add me to emails of new posts.
    Thanks,
    Diane

• Sara said:

Great idea, love it, but what did you use to cover the brown clip board?

• Verla said:

I love making something new out of something old & the clipboards are great for doing just that. I LOVE the embellished clip! I can’t wait to make a few for my glittery gal pals and OH Yes, my granddaughter is going to LOVE this project!
    Thank you for inspiring me to keep DIYing.

• Pinterest Weekly Roundup | Vanilla Extract said:

[...] one costs…wait for it… $2! Chic doesn’t always have to be expensive. Head over to Dollar Store Crafts for the [...]

• Blinged up Clipboard: A Pinterest Challenge! said:

[...] You can see my pin on Pinterest HERE!  The original blog post is HERE! [...]

• Kim Paris said:

I love your ideas!

• jean said:

This is really beautiful, but there is the issue of what kind of glue to use. I am rough on my clip board. Constantly clipping and unclipping it. The glue will have to be mega strong or we will have our bling falling off all around us. I was raised to always make where ever I am better than how I found it, but I really don’t want to leave my vintage bling all over the floor!!! One must have a sense of humor. Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of industrial strength glue we should use?

Remember to reuse, recycle, repurpose, up-cycle and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us all.

• rhonda said:

Jean, I would recommend trying E6000 – it should hold up to a good deal of use and abuse!

• Carolina said:

Hello please, sent me a email with craft ideas. Thank you

• Toni said:

Ladies that wanted an email, if you will look at the top of the page you on the right you will see a yellow envelope. Click on it, the rest has instructions.

• DIY – Upcycled brooches and buttons Clipboard | Jewelry Making | CraftGossip.com said:

[…] This isn’t wearable jewelry but it certainly is bling blingy. I love the use of buttons and brooches to create this elegant clipboard. This would be a wonderful gift for a new bride to clip her idea and for a teacher to feel just a little bit special at school. For the full tutorial check out DollarStoreCrafts. […]