9 Crafts and Printables for Back to School
Are you counting down the days yet? As much as I hate to admit it, we'll soon be rolling down the back side of the hill that is summer. That means it's time to start gathering all of the odds and ends your kids will need to help them be successful in the months to come. And, as with just about everything, there are plenty of ways to add a handmade twist to back-to-school! Need some ideas? Here are your homework assignments!
Pens and pencils and paper, oh my! I'll admit it, I'm a school supply junkie. (They fall under the same umbrella as my office supply weakness!) Make your kids' school supplies (or your own) stand out from the rest of the pack with some handmade touches. Here are a few projects to help create and dress up the basic essentials.
- DIY Notebooks by fiks*d
- Block Print Burlap Pencil Bag by Factory Direct Craft (pictured at top of post)
- Felt Pencil Toppers by Whimsy Love
Teachers are traditionally celebrated during a week toward the end of the school year, but there's no reason you have to wait until then to say, "Thank you!" Start off the year by letting your children's teachers know that you're grateful for all that they do with these teacher appreciation crafts.
- Teacher Survival Kit by Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Pencil-filled Etched Teacher Quote Cup by From Glitter to Gumdrops
- Beary Nice Teacher Gift Figurine by Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
For non-artistic people who want to add an artistic flare to a craft or handmade gift, free printables are a great option. They're also handy at the last minute when you find your to-do list is so long it feels like you need more hours in the day. Get ready for a great year with these back-to-school printables.
- Vintage Lunch Bag Printables by Fun.kyti.me
- Teacher Appreciation Subway Art by eighteen25
- Printable Teacher Appreciation Tag by it is what it is