Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Decor, Headline, Weddings

Make Wire and Yarn Word Art

15 July 2011 32,593 views 6 Comments

by rhonda

I'm always on the lookout for yarn projects that don't involve knitting or crocheting.  While I can crochet almost anything (and I really wish I could knit), it's nice to have other options for using up odds and ends left over from making afghans and sweaters.  At Family Chic, Camilla came up with the idea of wrapping yarn around a wire form to make lovely word art.  She used heavy-duty clothes line to make her wire form, but  you could also use a wire hanger or any other suitable wire you have on hand.  This would be cute as part of a mantel display or on a wedding shower buffet spread!  [how to make wire and yarn word art]

• Yarn, on hand or $1 and up
  • Wire, on hand or $1 and up

Total:  Free and up

• Carolina Moore {Always Expect Moore} said:

Love this! Am going to pin it, and try a variation for a project I want to tackle this weekend. : )

• Clare G. said:

I have GOT to try this, so many ways this could be used and thrifty, too.

• ava-j said:

I’m pinning this, thanks!

• Amy C said:

Such a wonderful idea!! I have lots of leftover yarn and my hubby has lots of wire in the garage. I am going to give this a try. Thanks!!

• Kirsten said:

I love this idea. Now I just have to think of a word and a place to stick it! :)

• Holly said:

This is such a cute idea. And I bet it’s fast! I’m definitely going to try this one out!!