Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Headline, Holiday Crafts, Kids

Make Pine Cone Christmas Trees

2 December 2011 7,404 views 7 Comments

by rhonda

I've been making pine cone crafts since I was a kid.  I grew up in the woods, so they were never in short supply!  There is something very Christmas-y about pine cones, which makes them all the more perfect for turning into tiny Christmas trees!  At Green Eyed Monster, a blog by sisters Ash and Kimmy, I came across these simple little lovelies decked out with glitter and pom poms.  It's a fairly kid-friendly project, though when it comes time to attach the pom poms (which calls for hot glue), depending on the age of the child you with want to either help, closely supervise, or replace the hot glue with a different, less dangerous kind of glue.   [how to make pine cone Christmas trees]

• Pine cones, on hand or $1
  • Glitter, on hand
  • Pom poms, on hand
  • Glue, on hand

Total:  Free and up

• Peaches said:

Cute! I have been hunting pinecone projects, too. Will have to start collecting some candy colored pom poms like that.

• Jen said:

super cute!

• Michelle L. said:

Ayeee! Cutest tiny trees ever!

• Janey said:

We make them here in Florida with tiny seashell decorations glued on the ‘branches’!

• Vicky said:

Does PVA hold the same as hot glue?

• Ashley said:

I made these when I was a kid! We used to use little round wooden blocks for “stands”, too. You can even put a little piece of fabric over it to look like a tree skirt.

I think the pom poms we had then were just available in more stark, primary colors. I really like them with these more modern colors. It might be fun to spray paint the pine cones white, too! I think we painted ours green, if memory serves.

• {Navidad} 5 actividades para hacer con peques en las vacaciones | El blog de las cosas molonas said:

[...] Dollar Store Crafts (2) Mama Jenn Categories: Navidad, Peque-DIYTags: manualidades para niños, navidad, niños, [...]