Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Decor, Headline

Make a Hula Hoop Chandelier

17 June 2012 26,201 views 7 Comments

by rhonda

The longer I blog, the more I am convinced that you can make a chandelier out of just about anything.  Here's and idea I've never seen before:  Sarah from Sarah with an H needed something to snazz up a lounge-y porch area, so she assembled a simple light fixture using a hula hoop and icicle-style Christmas lights!  You could even use hula hoops in differedt sides nested together to make  multi-tier version of this project.  [how to make a hula hoop chandelier]

• Hula hoop, $1 and up
  • Lace, on hand or $1 and up
  • Christmas lights, on hand or $1 and up
  • Hot glue, on hand

Total:  $1 and up

• Chongolio said:

This is such a neat idea and an awesome way to get rid of boring overhead lights. I am going to try this with an inflatable pool ring but will have to be careful that the heat from the lights don’t melt and pop it.
    Your blog is super cool, thanks for sharing!

• farragio said:

Love this idea and can’t wait to make it!

• Things I Love Thursday « andrea drugay said:

[...] Make a hula hoop chandelier, via Dollar Store [...]

• buggalcrafts said:

nice idea! passing it on to a friend who is getting married soon. hope she can use the idea!

• Beti said:

I have a couple of iron rings from an old crab pot that I was sure I could find a use for. This may be it! Thanks for posting!

• pam altgilbers said:

‘I’m not crafty, but i think i can do this. Will let u know how it goes. Thanks.

• Serena said:

Such a cool idea! Would love to see this made with colored ribbon in place of the lace.