Get a vintage glam look on some inexpensive mercury glass tea lights by hanging brooches or earrings from them. It doesn’t get much more simple than this project — such a pretty and simple way to glam up a party. You can buy readymade mercury glass candle holders for about $2 at Michaels, or you can DIY mercury glass from dollar store candle holders, and you can use jewelry you already have on hand, or buy some vintage-inspired pieces from the Styled by Tori Spelling line. The best thing about this project? When the party’s over, you can remove the jewelry from the candle holders and put it back in your jewelry box.
These would make gorgeous additions to your wedding reception.
- Votive holder, $1 (or $2 for the mercury glass version)
- Styled by Tori Spelling pendant, $5 and up (or use an earring or brooch you have in your jewelry box already)
- Earring hooks (I used Styled by Tori Spelling), $2.99
- Optional, poster putty, $1
Total: $3.99 and up
1. Slide a Styled by Tori Spelling pendant onto an earring hook.
2. Hang from a votive holder.
3. If desired, stabilize the pendant onto the candle holder by sticking a little poster putty on the back of the pendant. This will help it to lay flat against the votive holder.
5. When you’re done, just remove the jewels from the votives and re-use in your jewelry box.
I am a paid brand ambassador for Styled by Tori Spelling, but my opinions are free! Find the Styled by Tori Spelling line at Michaels and Joann Fabrics and Crafts.