Home » $1 and Free, cheap crafts, Headline, Holiday Crafts, Kids

Make a Puzzle Piece Snowflake Ornament

25 November 2012 9,144 views 8 Comments

puzzle piece ornament

Whether you have a puzzle with missing pieces to recycle, or you pick up a puzzle at the dollar store, here's a great puzzle piece craft for the holidays. Turn a few puzzle pieces into a cute snowflake ornament with just a little glue and paint. This project would be fun for a family craft night, or a good craft project for your classroom or scout group. Thanks to Lisa's Craft Blog for the great idea and instructions: [puzzle piece ornaments]

• Recycled cereal box, on hand
  • Puzzle pieces, on hand or $1
  • White gesso or acrylic paint, on hand or $1 and up
  • Glue, on hand
  • Glitter glue, on hand or $1
  • Ribbon, on hand or $1
  • Paint brush, on hand

Total: FREE and up

• Christina at I Gotta Create! said:

I’m in love with it! I will definitely be doing this :)
    <3 Christina

• katie said:

Love the creativity of this ornament. I would have never thought to use puzzle pieces and create a snowflake!

• Melba of buggalcrafts said:

I love this blog and almost always give her projects a shot of my own. I am “into” gingerbread so I painted mine like a gingerbread cookie and added a rusty heart in the middle.

I also did some in pastel colors with a foam sticker in the middle.

I love them all and this would be a great way to decorate the whole tree – either in all white or in a color that matches your decor!

• debtgirl said:

I am so making this too. I an gonna glitter ‘em up!

• Samantha said:

Very creative. Snowflakes would look cute all winter long.

• NIKI said:

AWESOME idea i used it as gifts for my family for christmas

• Nerdswaggy said:

cool beans

• - DIY Christmas Crafts said:

[…] several messages about posting more crafts that kids can do. First seen at Dollar Store Crafts here. *The tree ornament was painted in the tutorial but I like it white and I would probably add a […]