Hello, Dollar Store Crafts readers! I’m Becky Striepe from Crafting a Green World and Glue and Glitter, and I am so thrilled to be the newest member of the Dollar Store Crafts team. Since Thanksgiving is just behind us, I thought it would be fun to look at some DIY Christmas ornaments to deck out your tree in handmade style.
1. Vintage Brooch Ornament – Grab a little bit of spray paint and some glitter and turn a vintage brooch into a beautiful ornament for your tree!
2. Recycled Cardboard Ornaments – Mark Montano shows you how to turn reclaimed cardboard into beautiful DIY Christmas ornaments.
3. Orange Peel Ornament – This DIY Christmas ornament tutorial is not in English, but the photos are descriptive enough to sort this one out. I bet that it smells amazing!
4. 3D Map Ornaments – Don’t you love the recycled simplicity of these paper ball ornaments? So cute, and less breaky than the traditional glass balls.
5. Scrabble Ornaments – Do you have a Scrabble set that’s missing some tiles? Put it to crafty use on your tree!
6. Broken CD Ornament – Remember CDs? If you have any lying around that are too scratched to play, turn them into recycled DIY Christmas ornaments!
7. Tree Slice Ornaments – When you pick up your tree, most places slice off about 1/2″ – 1″ from the bottom, so that it can take up water and stay green longer. Ask if you can have a few of the trunk slices from the day. You’re saving them on disposal, and they make lovely keepsake ornaments!
8. Junk Mail Paper Crane – Doesn’t it feel like junk mail spikes during the holidays? Turn some of that scrap paper into sweet paper crane ornaments.
9. Washi Tape Ornament – This is another idea for using your scrap cardboard. Choose some pretty washi tape to make 2D ball ornaments for your tree.
10. Paper Tube Owls – The kids will have so much fun drawing and painting these owls on reclaimed paper towel or toilet paper rolls!
Do you have any DIY Christmas ornaments in the works? Tell me about what’s going on your tree!