10 DIY Gift Wrapping Ideas
by Becky Striepe
Have you finished making some of your handmade holiday gifts? Wrap them up in crafty style with these beautiful DIY gift wrapping ideas!
- Furoshiki - A thrift store scarf or dish towel makes beautiful gift wrap that becomes part of the gift.
- Pom Pom Gift Topper - Jazz up a simple kraft paper wrapping job with a pretty pom pom.
- DIY Gift Bags - I love gift bags, because you can use them over and over. You can make these pretty gift bags from any paper that you like!
- Confetti Gift Wrap - Empty out that hole punch to add pretty detail to a plain wrapped gift. You could mix this up with different punches, too! I have a tiny heart punch that would make some pretty confetti.
- Paper Tube Gift Box - Save your empty toilet paper or paper towel tubes to make simple decorated pillow boxes for small gifts.
- Fabric Gift Wrap - Furoshiki (mentioned above) is one method for using fabric to wrap your gifts, but you can also do a more traditional-looking wrapping job with fabric.
- Woven Paper Gift Topper - Brightly-colored paper adds some pop to gifts wrapped in simple newsprint or reclaimed book pages.
- Natural Embellishments - Organic elements like twigs and cinnamon sticks make beautiful gift wrap embellishments.
- Sticker Gift Wrap - Get the kids involved in some holiday gift wrapping making. Grab stamps and stickers and let them go to town. Bonus: this project keeps the kids engaged so you can make Christmas cookies or maybe just have a quiet moment to yourself.
- Mason Jar Gift Wrap - Mason jars make great gift wrap with just a few simple embellishments.
I'd love to hear from you, too! What are your favorite DIY gift wrapping ideas to fancy up your holiday gifts?Full disclosure policy.