Home » $5 and Under, Gifts to Make, Headline, Holiday Crafts, Kids, Man Crafts, Tutorials

Man Crafts: Ninja Turtle ornaments

21 December 2013 2,039 views 7 Comments

by mikeasaurus

Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments

Cowabunga dude!

Toss the tinsel and trim your tree with turtles. These four ninjas are ready to protect your tree, and only take a few minutes to make. This is an easy project to make and the results are super fun.
Here's what you'll need.

• Ribbon [red, orange, purple, and blue], on hand or $1 and up
  • Green ball ornaments (or paint existing ornaments green), on hand or $1 and up
  • Googly eyes, on hand or $1

Total: Free and up

Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments

If you don't have green ball ornaments (or the right shade of green) then coat your ball ornaments with a coat of primer and a few coats of green spray paint, waiting between applications for the paint to dry.

Cut a length of ribbon longer than the diameter of your ornaments. Then, wrap the ornaments with the ribbon around the centre to make the Ninja Turtle mask. If your ribbon is thin you can wrap around the ornament twice to give the mask the right thickness. I used a dab of hot glue to secure the middle of the ribbon to the ornament, then wrapped the ribbon around the ornament twice, gluing to secure in place. The ribbon ends were then tied in a knot.

Repeat the process until all Turtle ornaments have masks.

Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments

Next, apply a small dab of hot glue to the back of googly-eyes and apply two to each turtle ornament directly on top of the mask. Repeat for each turtle.

That's it, you're all done! Time to hand these crime fighting friends on your tree and give your tree power; TURTLE POWER!

Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments

• pam harris said:

OMG Absolutely brilliant!!!! Adorable! Makes me giggle!

• heather said:

I love these! I was obsessed with the Ninja Turtles in junior high (90s kid). These are great! I bet my sons would love making these… and maybe some regular ninja ornaments, as well.

• Nona said:

What a great idea! I wonder what the chances are of me finding some green balls after the season is over….

• Claire said:

Hi, I’m a female and I really love the ninja turtles. I know men who like diy of many varieties.

I really love this site, but it think it’s inappropriate to call anything a “man craft” of say that something is “just for girls” or anything that excludes people who might want to participate.

Thanks!

• Shannon said:

Hey I was thinking about this and you could do a man XMAS tree with zip tie chains instead of paper chains. I think Dollar Tree carries them. Tree ornaments made from washers…Star Wars paper snowflakes…These ornaments…Styrofoam balls or ornaments decorated with spare wire nuts, etc. Stuff like that! That would be a fun tree.

• heather said:

@claire, we definitely think our “man crafts” can appeal to anyone, of any gender. We just call them that because our “man crafter” Mikeasaurus is the author.

• Give Your Tree More Cowabunga With Ninja Turtle Ornaments [DIY] said:

[…] colors, you can just make one of the gang. Any ninja turtle is better than no turtle. Go read the full tutorial and make your tree more […]