10 DIY Beauty Recipes to Heal Winter Skin and Hair
by Becky Striepe
The weather is finally making a turnaround! If your skin could use a little help recovering from the dry, cold, harsh winter weather, we've got you covered. Store-bought skincare products can be super pricey, and you can save a bundle by making your own. From your head to your toes, we've got DIY beauty recipes to help you bounce back from winter and be spring-ready on the cheap.
1. Homemade Sugar Scrub - A sugar scrub is great for sloughing away dry skin and moisturizing at the same time.
2. Coconut Oil Body Lotion - Sometimes all you need is a nice, rich lotion to replace the moisture that you lost over the dry winter. This lotion is inexpensive and works great!
3. Coconut Oil Hair Mask - Did your hair bear the brunt of the winter chill? Get back that shine with an easy hair mask!
4. Make Your Own Lip Scrub - Revitalize your chapped, dry lips with a gentle scrub to exfoliate and moisturize.
5. Peppermint Foot Scrub - You need a little more scrubbing power when you're dealing with dry feet, and this scrub does the job. It's also great on knees and elbows.
6. Homemade Lip Balm - This recipe is flexible, so you can save money by using what you have!
7. Ultimate Avocado Face Mask - Give your skin a moisture blast to start spring out right.
8. Nourishing Hand Cream - My hands take a beating in the cold, and this cream works great on both hands and feet.
9. Homemade Leave-In Conditioner - If you don't need a full-on hair mask, try this lighter alternative to moisturize your hair.
10. Vinegar Foot Soak - Has a whole winter of boots left your feet in less-than-ideal shape? This simple soak helps your tootsies bounce back!Full disclosure policy.