10 Recycled Hair Accessories for Spring
by Becky Striepe
Has the weather been warming up where you are? The first day of spring is just a week away, so if you're not seeing warm days and sunshine yet, it's on the way! That means we get to say goodbye to hats and hello to cute headbands, wraps, clips, and up dos. Get your accessories stash spring-ready with these cute recycled hair accessories.
1) T-Shirt Headband - Braided t-shirts make lovely hair accessories in bright, springy colors.
2) Upcycled Scarf Headband - Use a scarf from your stash or from the thrift store for a breezy headband that's simple to make.
3) 4 Headbands from 2 Tees - Consider this a tutorial plus three bonus tutorials. Grab a couple of old t-shirts in contrasting colors to make yourself a whole set of sweet headbands!
4) Vintage Earring Hair Pin - Did you lose the partner to a pair of studs? Turn that lonely earring into a sweet bobby pin!
5) 5-Minute Headband - Got an old necktie and a scrap of elastic? Got 5 minutes? Make yourself a cute headband!
6) Crochet Hair Elastic - Grab an old hair rubberband and crochet yourself a statement piece for your hair.
7) Pom Pom Hairbands - This tutorial is for kid's hair accessories, but who says you can't rock these sweet poms yourself?
8) Scrap Felt Hair Clips - Raid your felt stash and make sweet embroidered hair clips.
9) Braided Sweater Headband - Are you cleaning out your closet now that warmer weather is on the way? Set a sweater aside to make a sweet headband for spring!
10) Button Bobby Pins - Do you have a vintage button problem like I do? Put those beauties to use and make pretty little bobby pins.Full disclosure policy.